Saturday, October 13, 2007

John Frusciante - Smile From The Streets You Hold

John Frusciante - Smile From The Streets You Hold
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=212BFBPJ


Few albums will ever strike the same emotional chord, “Smile From The Streets You Hold” do with me. It basically was responsible for me surviving my first year out of high school, so it’ll always resonate in me deeply. Emotional performances like this are truly rare and only come along once every decade. The tragedy of this recording is perhaps its greatest strength and the way Frusciante was so accurately able to describe his feelings in sound make it one of my favorites. I can’t in good faith recommend the album to everyone just because of its extremely abrasive nature, but in terms of people interested in the avant-garde this is a truly spectacular album. One of my favorite albums of all time.

2 comments:

Icky said...

Thanks, great record ;)

Iva said...

You described it perfectly, even if it was only a couple of words!